12 April 2016

The Flirty 30's Club

Yesterday was a very exciting 'happy' post day, as parcels full of loveliness containing the inaugural 'The Flirty 30's Club' bundles started popping through letterboxes across the country.   Each month, club members will receive ten different 30's reproduction fabrics, carefully chosen by us from our vast collection.  You can read more about the Club HERE.  Here is this months bundle......
Mum and I had a lovely time choosing the fabrics, our picks were inspired by the promise of Spring.....
.....our idea being from the 10 fabrics, various pretty combinations that can be put together for what ever project you fancy making.  We also thought it may be useful to share which solids are a good match should you wish to build a stash of 30's inspired colours.

Obviously, as I'm sure you knew,  I could not resist sewing with these pretties.  I have a plan.......each month, I'm going to make a small project, using snippets from the bundle, this may be a pencil case, mug rug, a mini quilt etc. This months will involve these little half inch hexies which I stitched watching a film marathon with Poppy on Sunday.  I can definitely recommend Matilda if you've not seen it before, Pops and I loved it!  


I also wanted a longer term hand sewing project.  I've got various machine quilts in progress at the moment, which I'm thoroughly enjoying, but some days all I want to do once I'm back from the shop and supper's sorted is collapse on the sofa and do some therapeutic hand stitches.

So as I'm Dresden mad at the moment, I decided to do an EPP version.  My plan is to stitch three English Paper Piecied 8" Dresdens each month for a year.  These will then form the basis of vintage inspired 30's quilt...... (I've been Pinning like mad!)
Unlike my half inch hexies, I'm using a Sewline glue stick, which is fabulous for getting those lovely curves and THESE reusable papers.   These are then hand appliqued on to 9" squares of an Off White solid, which I will eventually trim back to 8 1/2" squares once the Dresdens are in place and I'm ready to piece the quilt top together.  I'm putting together 'a little happy' tutorial of how I'm stitching the Dresdens, so watch this space!

Here's this months completed blocks .......





That's all for now, but I'll be back to soon with pictures of another finish....I'm on a roll!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Oh that is so lovely ,would make a lovely quilt for my grand- daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fabrics and blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so gorgeous! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sweet Dresden Plates just make me happy. Sew pretty, indeed! ~Kelly
    Pens and Needles 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig