7 October 2013

Party Weekend
















What a lovely weekend.....Andy's parents came to stay so that we could go to two parties.....why is it you do not go out for weeks and then you go out twice in one weekend, on consecutive nights!  I made cards and gifts for both occasions, although in my excitement of donning my glad rags for Friday nights wedding reception, I forgot to take photo's.  Both parties were great, lots of talking, dancing and laughing and the best bit, not a sore head on either morning, I must be getting sensible in my old age.

We had amazing weather all weekend and it was fabulous walking across the fields yesterday afternoon, picking sloe's as we went.  Is there anything better than being outside on a Autumn afternoon!  When we got back, after tea and cake, we followed this recipe and made Sloe Gin, which we shall open on Christmas day.

With the Grandparents in residence and happily occupying the children, I found myself with some sewing time.  My filled heart embroidery is progressing slowly but surely and (I know, I know... how bad am I!) I couldn't resist started my very first Dresden Plate.  I used the new Sevenberry fabrics that came in last week and added some more pretty ditsy florals my stash. I've now come to a halt as I have a rather grand plan for an embroidered centre circle, but I am, believe or not, showing some restraint and intend on finishing all my other WIP's BEFORE I progress any further...
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make my day! If you have a question, please do ask away and I will do my very best to answer. Sarah xo

Update July 2020: Unfortunately, due to a large increase in spam and inappropriate comments, I have turned on 'Comment Moderation', so your comment will not appear immediately. My apologies for this!

© A Little Happy Place | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig